Sunday, May 9, 2010

Annalee Kohlhepp Skarin Baptism

From the passenger list of the S. S. Cedric, I learned that Fred was heading home from Liverpool to Boston on August 1, 1907. Although I don't know exactly when he got home to Idaho, it was probably within the month of August. I wouldn't be surprised if Fred had spent some time with his family in Boston before reaching home, but it would not have been too long. The next document I have regarding Fred is the certificate of the baptism and confirmation of his daughter Anna Olea (Annalee)Kohlhepp.

The certificate is dated December 10, 1907 in Rockland (for the Rockland ward, perhaps?), Idaho. It dates Annalee's birthdate as July 7, 1899 in American Falls, Idaho. It claims that she was baptized on November 7, 1907 by Fred, whose priesthood standing is listed as Seventy, and confirmed by an L. R. Stewart. The bishop at the time was Ephraim Ralphs, and the clerk was E. L. Howard.

I don't know exactly when people were baptized after reaching the "age of accountability," but it may have been the case that the Kohlhepps waited on the baptism of Annalee until Fred could get home from his mission and perform the baptism himself.

1 comment:

  1. It is funny to accidentally find someone I am related to on the web. I am Annalee's great-grand-daughther. I haven't read all your stuff yet but do you have a copy of his autobiography? It pull it out and read it sometimes. He is an important part of my life.

    ReplyDelete