Sunday, January 27, 2019

Photos: Ella - Late 1930's

Joan Sowards, a descendant of Eda Kohlhepp Lisonbee, posted a photo of Ella in her old age with her second husband, George Albert Martineau, Sr. I took the liberty of restoring the photo, removing flecks and imperfections (inc. the orange stain), and increasing contrast to reduce the fade of time. It turned out pretty well:


Joan Sowards dated the photo to circa. 1940. Ella here does look very similar in her pose (and outfit) as to her obituary photo, her face roughly at a mirror image to the one here. Joan noted the baby as James Lisonbee. The only James I am familiar with was Eda's son, James Rey, but that can't be right as James was born before Ella and George married. Joan is likely referring to another James I do not know of (a son of Eda's sons Lorenzo or Ovid?).

I'll be restoring and posting photos as I collect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment